ALL WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE MAGAZINE ISSUES

WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE ONLINE MAGAZINE - YOUR GO-TO SOURCE FOR PUBLISHING SECRETS OF SUCCESS SINCE 2015

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A GREAT WRITING CONFERENCE?

When I was at Scenic World in Australia
I always like to share great things with my readers, and Las Vegas Writers Conference is one of them. Back in 2005, it was the first writers conference I ever attended. I was a published writer of newspaper and magazine articles, but unpublished when it came to fiction. I was anxious to pitch the first Silver Sisters Mystery, A Corpse in the Soup. I thought it was ready to go. My co-author/sister and I had worked through it for a year with a manuscript consultant, and we had learned so much from her. What could be left?

After attending a "Machete Editing" workshop, I realized what was left. The novel still had to be tightened. Those changes would never have been made without going to the conference. Would the book have been published anyway? I have no idea. What I do know is that it was named Best Mystery Audio Book of 2007 by USA Book News and I know the conference contributed to that award. My feeling is that you are never done learning. There is always something you didn't know and conferences are a wonderful place to discover new tricks and techniques.


I'll be going to Left Coast Crime in Sacramento this year, so I won't be at the Las Vegas Writers Conference, but do yourself a favor and check it out. The faculty is excellent and includes people I respect highly like Chris Roerden and Randall Platt.

www.examiner.com, February 1, 2012

Spotlight: Las Vegas Writers Conference 2012 - Part I

Every year for the past several years the Henderson Writers Group has sponsored an excellent conference in Las Vegas.
There is always something new to learn
This year will be no exception, so all of you aspiring and published writers it’s time to think about registering for the exciting 2012 conference.

Writing professionals, agents, publishers, industry experts and fellow writers will gather from April 19-21 and with attendance limited to 150, it allows for plenty of one-on-one time with the faculty. When you visit their website, you will see my endorsement.

This year’s faculty promises to offer a wealth of knowledge for improving your craft. The agenda includes formal pitch sessions, panels, workshops, and seminars. READ FULL ARTICLE

No comments:

Post a Comment