ALL WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE MAGAZINE ISSUES

WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE ONLINE MAGAZINE - YOUR GO-TO SOURCE FOR PUBLISHING SECRETS OF SUCCESS SINCE 2015

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

VISUAL AIDS FOR IN PERSON PRESENTATIONS

NOTE FROM MORGAN:

Because I plan to be very active with in-person presentations during 2020, I figured it was finally time to order some good visual aids. Either a custom table cover or custom table runner help you stand out. Here is what I ordered:

A black table cloth for a 6 foot table that can easily be folded to cover 3 feet of a shared table. Since I ordered a 30" wide custom runner, I figured I could get away with a regular cloth from Amazon at $14.99 instead of paying $70 or $80 from the company I ordered the runner from. This is the front. 

I made it reversible by using an alternate image (which must be pasted into the template upside down as you see it below. That way when you reverse the cloth the image is still going in the right direction.) Now I can choose which side I want to use depending upon the event and whether I can use my new retractable banner. I am signing at Grouchy John's Coffee  at 8520 S. Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas on December 20 from 10 am to 12 pm and can only use a table display at a shared table, so I will use the front plus a table sign for the books I'm promoting.


But at a January presentation I will be able to use the large, freestanding retractable banner  which shows 12 of my 18 books. I will probably want to show the reverse side of the table runner featuring the new Writers' Tricks of the Trade book since that is not on the banner. It is great to have the flexibility of choosing.   
Consider investing some money in professional sales aids. Don't wait too long like I did. Several suppliers can be found online. I used VistaPrint because I've ordered other things from them before and been happy with the quality. I kept looking at freestanding banners that others had and thinking, "I'll have to get one of those some day." Well, I finally did and my new banner will arrive this week.

A CYMK image generally works better than RGB for print.

No comments:

Post a Comment