ALL WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE MAGAZINE ISSUES

WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE ONLINE MAGAZINE - YOUR GO-TO SOURCE FOR PUBLISHING SECRETS OF SUCCESS SINCE 2015

Friday, February 10, 2012

What I learned by listening to an audio book

Today’s column should probably be classified as an opinion piece rather than my regular how-to column. I’m currently listening to the audio book Sail by James Patterson, co-authored by Howard Roughan. At this point I’ve heard little more than the first CD so this isn’t a review, but I will review it on my Writers’ Tricks of the Trade blog after hearing the whole book.

My readers always tell me how much they enjoy the weekly writing tips, tricks and techniques, so as I listened to this book and something literally jumped out at me causing an instant reaction , I decided it was important to share the possible negative effect of switching tense for one or more characters within the same book.

No comments:

Post a Comment