ALL WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE MAGAZINE ISSUES

WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE ONLINE MAGAZINE - YOUR GO-TO SOURCE FOR PUBLISHING SECRETS OF SUCCESS SINCE 2015

Friday, March 2, 2012

Guest blogging at Writers of Southern Nevada Today

Avoid the four pitfalls in the Writers of Southern Nevada article
The Writers of Southern Nevada is a relatively new entity and I'm honored that they have asked me to contribute an article every month. What could be more appropriate for the first one than discussing four things that can really trip writers up, whether aspiring or published. One of my rules of thumb is never think you're beyond making mistakes and as the motivational speaker Zig Ziglar says, "You can't hit a target if you can't see it." I loved the example he gave one time when I saw him live.

Ziglar said, "I've never shot a bow and arrow, but I can do just as well as the top archer in competition." Of course there were lots of groans from the audience. Then Ziglar qualified it. "The thing is, he or she has to be blindfolded with one hands tied behind their back!" Ahh. Therein lies the adage above. Knowing some of the pitfalls to watch out for prepares you to avoid them. READ THE ARTICLE. It would be great if you could leave some comments, too.

Remember, I am starting to give my series of webinars for savvyauthors.com on March 6 and there is still time to register. The first one will be a real world look at effectively working with Point of View.

No comments:

Post a Comment